- Barabashev, Alexey – National Research University Higher School of Economics, Moscow, Russiaa, email@example.com
- Andreeva, Lyubimka - Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski”, Sofia, Bulgaria, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Annika Jaansoo, University of Twente, The Netherlands, email@example.com
For the NISPAcee Conference in 2021, WG IV concentrates on topics related to the aims of WG IV, and its focal points, such as:
• Citizens’ participation aspects in public governance inter-regional process in the EU and beyond;
• The role of civil societies in the Inter-regional and Cross-border Cooperation and Development Process;
• Strategies for including Citizens' Engagement and Empowerment in the policy process and design via different countries and areas;
• Cultural and ethnic aspects of citizens’ participation in inter-regional development;
• Best practices of citizens' participation in inter-regional and cross-border cooperation;
• Theory definitions of citizens' participation in inter-regional and cross-border cooperation and development, based on national and international practices.
We are expecting papers which address those aforementioned topics and have both theoretical and practical relevance, i.e. applicants should take into account and include in their papers recommendations for better shaping of inter-regional cooperation, based on citizens’ participation and empowerment, including points for practitioners and points relating to the EU and other countries and regions of NISPAcee.
Requirements for the structure of the proposed abstract:
• The names of the authors and their affiliation,
• The problem description,
• The relevance of the paper for WG IV,
• The objective or the research question(s),
• The case(s), data and methodology,
• Expected findings.
In addition, due to the cancellation of the 28th NISPAcee Annual Conference in 2020, WG IV "Inter-regional Cooperation and Development" provides an opportunity to those participants who were selected with accepted abstracts/papers in the WG IV previous conference, if they so wish, to be included in the 29th NISPAcee Annual Conference WG IV schedule.