- Michiel S. de Vries, Institute for Management Research, Radboud University Nijmegen, the Netherlands, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Iwona Sobis, School of Public Administration, Gothenburg University, Sweden, email@example.com
The day before the NISPAcee conference begins, a PhD seminar will take place in the venue where the NISPAcee conference is also being held.
The seminar will discuss the preparation of a research paper, formulating a relevant research question, putting the research question within a theoretical framework and conducting the necessary research in a valid and reliable way in order to answer the research question. It is not so much about writing everything down, but rather to provoke a substantial discussion about the need for a coherent structure of a research paper.
The second part of the seminar addresses topics related to writing a research paper. This involves issues related to substance as well as the writing process. In this part of the seminar PhD students present their research and/or listen to other PhD students presenting their research, discuss these in a closed and trusted environment and receive advice from the chairs. Depending on the number of participants, one or more time-slots will be reserved for this part of the seminar.
1. Being a PhD-student from the NISPAcee region.
2. Having a paper in the field of Public Administration, the participant is willing to present and discuss a draft of a research plan for a dissertation.
3. Interest in participating in the entire seminar.
4. Interest in taking a part in discussions about the papers and research plans of others.
5. Interest in reading at least one other paper or draft research plan beforehand.
All kinds of papers are accepted as long as they have an empirical component, be it a case study or a comparative study, and irrespective of whether it is a draft or a final version.
PhD students who submitted a paper proposal for the other conference WGs/panels can also apply.
All accepted students should register online for the conference and pay the relevant conference fees. There will be special reduced fees for PhD students with a paper presentation. Registered students can participate in other conference activities afterwards.