New term: October 21-23, 2021
• The 29th NISPAcee Annual Conference is going to be implemented as a physical conference with a limited number of online presentations as planned.
• Sessions of individual conference activities (working groups, panels, main theme sessions, open sessions) will be either fully physical or fully virtual.
• Fully physical sessions will not be accessible for the online participants.
• Physical participants can participate in the virtual sessions using their own equipment (laptop, tablet or similar). While in the conference venue, they are requested to use headphones or earphones in order not to disturb conference participants in their proximity.
• Plenary opening and closing sessions will be organized in the physical format, but live-streamed and accessible to online participants.
• Final deadline for registration for the conference is October 12, 2021.
• Preliminary conference programme is expected to be available on the conference website 2 weeks prior the conference. The final conference programme will be published by October 18, 2021.
The Online Registration for the conference is open until October 12, 2021.
We would like to thank you for your understanding in this matter and hope that the NISPAcee community stays strong and safe over these extraordinary times. We are looking forward to meeting you in Ljubljana in October 2021.
Take care and stay healthy!
On behalf of the organisers, the Network of Institutes and Schools of Public Administration in Central and Eastern Europe (NISPAcee) and the Faculty of Public Administration, University of Ljubljana, it is our pleasure to invite you to the 29th NISPAcee Annual Conference "Citizens' Engagement and Empowerment - the Era of Collaborative Innovation in Governance” which will be held in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
The Annual Conference 2021 is expected to attract papers that will invigorate discussion on the possible methods of citizens' empowerment in the Central and Eastern European (CEE) region, in connection to its developments/traditions, governance practices, regulatory framework, financial capacity, public policy, digitalisation processes, human resource management and public administration itself. This topic can be elaborated upon by experts, researchers and scholars from different disciplines, not only during the main session, but also in working groups and panel sessions.
Civic participation and empowerment refer to a condition in which every citizen has the means to actively engage. This set also includes political processes, but the theme of the conference is designed much more broadly, so that civic participation and empowerment can be viewed in terms of all aspects, which consequently affect their everyday quality of life.
The conference will take place in Ljubljana, a lively green city combining the charm of a small capital and the self-confidence of large European cities. The town of a thousand events is surrounded by parks and natural protected areas, historic buildings and cultural hotspots, with much of the key architecture designed by its renowned creator Joze Plecnik.
We cordially invite you to join us and we are looking forward to meeting you in Ljubljana.
Faculty of Public Administration, University of Ljubljana