How to prepare your paper
for the NISPAcee Annual Conference
- Each applicant must be registered in the NISPAcee Database with an application and paper proposal. If you do not have a personal account on the NISPAcee website, please register first.
- If you do have a NISPAcee Personal Account, please check your profile and update your personal information and CV if necessary (in English, maximum 2MB; please do not use the docx format).
2. Application with a Paper Proposal
- Review the Calls for Papers of all conference Working Groups, Panels and Sessions and choose the one you are interested in applying for.
- To assess the authenticity of your paper, or to select a Working Group, Session or Panel, please see the List of Existing Applications.
- Write and upload an Abstract of your Paper proposal according to the Call for the selected Working Group, Panel or Session (in English, maximum two pages - 3600 characters).
- Where a paper proposal is co-authored, only one of the authors may apply online. Co-author(s) must also be registered in the NISPAcee Database. The co-author(s) should be assigned by the author(s).
- Please identify who will present your paper. After the proposal is accepted for presentation, the authors can change the presenter(s) of the paper at the NISPAcee conference.
- If the results of your paper are applicable for practitioners, complete Points for Practitioners (max 1800 characters).
- If the topic of your paper is related to EU issues, please complete Points relating to EU or EU Integration within Public Administration and Public Policy (max. 1800 characters).
- Please complete your Online Application with a Paper Proposal and confirm your agreement to the NISPAcee copyright policy.
3. Selection of the paper proposals for the conference
- The selection of papers for presentation at the Conference will be carried out by the Working Group / Panel / Sessions’ Coordinators and Chairs, based on the quality of the submitted final paper proposals.
- The paper proposals may be evaluated in the 1st Selection Round as "accepted", "conditionally accepted" or "not accepted".
- The selection and evaluation results of the paper
proposal will be available via your personal account by February 21, 2022
- Conditionally accepted paper proposals can be updated and uploaded by February 28, 2022.
- Evaluation results of conditionally accepted paper proposals in the 2ndSelection Round will be available by March 10, 2022.
4. Write and complete your paper
- If your paper proposal has an acceptation status you can start to complete your paper based on the recommendations of the relevant Working Group / Panel / Session‘s Coordinators and Chairs.
- Please follow the NISPAcee Manuscript Guidelines.
- Please complete the Participant Online Registration for the NISPAcee Annual Conference by early on-line registration deadline April 20, 2022.
- The deadline for the submission of full conference papers is April 20, 2022 for the Main Conference Theme, WG1, PhD seminar and Awards competition -The Best Graduate Student Paper Award and The Best Comparative Paper Award. After completing the final version of the paper, please upload your paper in pdf format via your personal account (do not use docx format).
- The deadline for the submission of all other conference papers is May 20, 2022.
- Identify the presenter(s) of the paper. Check that the title of the final paper is the same as the title of your uploaded paper.
- After April 20, 2022 all papers of unregistered authors and papers of authors who have not paid the conference fees will be withdrawn from the conference programme. The authors will not be allowed to present their papers at the conference and their papers will not be published.
- The final conference programme will be published by May 30, 2022 based on the list of all final papers.
- E-versions of conference papers will be available for all conference participants in the Conference Programme on the NISPAcee website prior to the event.
5. Presentation of your paper at the NISPAcee Conference
- Please check the suggested Paper Presentation Advice.
- Copies of papers will not be provided by NISPAcee during the Conference. Authors of papers are welcome to bring copies of their papers for distribution at their working session or Working Group.
- Data-projectors will be available in all conference rooms.
6. Finalisation of papers based on feedback from the Conference
- The final papers should be revised and finalised based on the feedback and comments received during the conference and uploaded onto the online system by June 30, 2022.
7. E-publication with conference
papers presented at the conference
- Authors of conference papers can decide when apply with a paper proposal for the conference, if they provide full papers for the conference e-proceedings or only abstracts. The e-proceedings will be published in the fall 2022.
- After June 30, 2022 the conference coordinators/chairs will select papers for the conference e-proceedings. Only selected papers can be included into the proceedings. The selected papers have to follow the NISPAcee Manuscript Guidelines and have to comply at least with basic quality standards of academic publications.