- Martin Potucek, Charles University, Czech Republic, email@example.com
His research focuses on processes of policy formation and implementation in the Czech Republic, on the regulatory functions of the market, government, civic sector and media, on the European context and global dimension of policy making, and on the problems of Czech public administration, social policy, and pension reforms.
He acted as an adviser to the Czech Ministers of Labour and Social Affairs (1998–2006) and to Czech Prime Ministers (2002–2004, 2014 – 2017). In one of his recent public engagements, he served as the Chairman of the Expert Committee on Pension Reform to the Czech government (2013 – 2017). Several of its reform proposals were recently accepted and embodied in laws.
President of the Network of Institutes and Schools of Public Administration in Central and Eastern Europe (NISPAcee), Bratislava, Slovakia (2000-2002). Holder of the Sri Chinmoy International Honour "Lifting Up the World with a Oneness-Heart" (2003) and the NISPAcee Alena Brunovska Award (2004) for teaching excellence in public administration.
- Martin Klus, Trnava University / Slovak National Council, Slovak Republic, firstname.lastname@example.org
Verification of policy papers and their evaluations and relevance of policy recommendations developed by researchers / selected paper presenters in discussions with the workshop participants.
How to promote research relevant to the practice and provide evidence-based policy recommendations.
Call for participation
- Building resources for evidence-based policy making.
- Evidence-based public policy making – learning from evidence-based recommendations formulated by NISPAcee researchers.
- Exchange of knowledge and experience, good and bad practices.
- Initiating the debate on current issues dealing with European Integration.
- Increasing awareness, understanding, knowledge and reflections on EU Integration processes among researchers, academicians and practitioners in the NISPAcee region and worldwide.
- Disseminating the accumulated knowledge, information and evidence from the empirical research of Policy Design and Implementation in EU Integration Context to public administrators and decision-makers in CEE countries, Europe and also across the world.
- Advisory capacity building of researchers and academicians to their governments.
-Providing a platform for the engagement of practitioners and policy makers.
The workshop is organised within the ERASMUS+ Jean Monnet Project PRACTIC - From Policy Design to Policy Practice in the European Integration Context.