ReSPA - Regional School of Public Administration
The Regional School of Public Administration (ReSPA) is an inter-governmental organisation supporting regional cooperation of public administrations in the Western Balkans. Its activities are supported by the European Commission (EC) through directly managed funds, and co-funded through annual contributions of the ReSPA Members.
ReSPA Members are Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia, while Kosovo* is a beneficiary and an observer.
The Purpose of ReSPA is to support governments in the Western Balkan region develop better public administration, public services and overall governance systems for their citizens and businesses, and prepare them for membership in the European Union.
ReSPA serves as an innovative regional hub for policy research, knowledge sharing and networking programmes in the field of public administration in Western Balkans.
Thematic areas covered by ReSPA are: Public Administration Reform; European Integration; Human Resources Management and Development; e-Government; Ethics and Integrity; Public Procurement; Public Private Partnership; General Administrative Procedures and Administrative Justice; Better Regulation; Quality in Public Administration and Public Services.
ReSPA’s main objectives in the period from 2016-2020 are:
• Improve co-operation in the field of public administration amongst the ReSPA Members;
• Strengthen administrative capacity in the public administrations of the ReSPA Members as required by the European Integration process;
• Develop human resources in the public administrations of the ReSPA Members in line with the European Principles of Public Administration.
These objectives are being achieved through three pillars of the ReSPA Programme of Work:
(1) European Integration Pillar: Increased capacity of public administration in the ReSPA Members necessary for successful conducting of the European Integration process;
(2) Public Administration Reform Pillar: Facilitated and enhanced cooperation and exchange of experience in Public Administration Reform and European Integration activities in the ReSPA Members;
(3) Governance for Growth Pillar: Ensured effective coordination of the implementation of the Dimension N – Effective Public Services of the Governance for Growth pillar of the South-East Europe (SEE) 2020 Strategy.
ReSPA's main achievements in 2014-2015: Over 100 networking and capacity building activities (seminars, workshops, conferences, study visits, seasonal schools, trainings, meetings) involving over 2,000 public servants from the Western Balkans, and more than 250 international and regional experts; 10 regional comparative research projects with policy recommendations for Public Administration Reform related solutions.
More info: www.respaweb.eu